Before you start your search, please follow these simple instructions:
1. Bookmark this page. This will allow you to easily use it for later searches. This is important because you should be performing an unclaimed property search every 6 months. We will also send you reminders via email to do so (that is why you submitted the form to begin the search).
2. Write down a list of all known states that you and your family members have lived in. This is important because you’ll need to search each of these states individually using your own name, even if you have never lived in some of the states on your list. The reason for this is because it’s possible that you have a trust, inheritance, or some other kind of unclaimed property that would have remained in the originating state.
3. Write down a list of all variations of your name including legal names, name changes, and/or any other names you’ve gone by.
4. If you have ever owned a business, make sure to search for it as well.
5. There is currently an effort to create a central unclaimed property website at MissingMoney.com. However, search results tend to differ when searching a state individually and searching MissingMoney.com. So I suggest you run your queries at both the official state website and MissingMoney.com. It’s also worth noting that at this time, not all states cooperate with MissingMoney.com.
6. You’re ready to start your search! Simply use the list of states you’ve come up with in order to figure out what states you need to search. Search each of these states with all of the name variations you’ve come up with using the links below.
If you find you have unclaimed property, simply follow the steps in order to claim it. In most cases, you will simply be directed to print out a form, fill it out and mail it to the unclaimed property division. However, some states do allow you to make electronic claims.
Finally, if you find unclaimed property in your name, please tell us about it. We’re trying to get the word out and we need your help. Please send your testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please share us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter or whatever social accounts you use.
If there is anything we can do to help you out, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you and we wish you luck in your search!