Before you start your search for unclaimed property divisions, please follow these simple instructions:
1. Bookmark this page. This will allow you to easily use it for later searches. This is important because you should be performing an unclaimed property search every 6 months. We will also send you reminders via email to do so (that is why you submitted the form to begin the search). You can also share this page on social media or send it as a message to your inbox or email address to organize for later reference.
2. Write down a list of all known states that you and your family members have lived in. This is important because you’ll need to search each of these states individually using your own name, even if you have never lived in some of the states on your list. The reason for this is because it’s possible that you have a trust, inheritance, or some other kind of unclaimed property that would have remained in the originating state.
3. Write down a list of all variations of your name including legal names, name changes, and/or any other names or nicknames you’ve gone by. Try to use as many versions that you can think of because there is always room for human error within the unclaimed property database.
4. If you have ever owned a business, make sure to search for it as well. Searching for variations or name changes (if you ever changed your branding) will also be helpful while searching through unclaimed property divisions.
5. Don’t limit your ability to find unclaimed funds by only searching on one platform. There is currently an effort to create a central unclaimed property website at MissingMoney.com. However, search results tend to differ when searching a state individually and searching MissingMoney.com. So we suggest you run your queries at both the official state website and MissingMoney.com. It’s also worth noting that at this time, not all states cooperate with MissingMoney.com.
6. Avoid scams that lead you to believe you can claim lost funds through their private division. Because there is a lot of information out there on the web about collecting unclaimed money, you have to proceed with caution and thoughtfully process what you find. If something seems off or you’re unable to recall money said to be yours, look into the source before moving forward. When it comes to claiming property or money, a lot of personal information is required. Putting your information in the wrong hands can eventually do more harm than good. If you’re not careful and proceed with a phony unclaimed property division, the result can be costly.
6. You’re ready to start your search! Simply use the list of states you’ve come up with (places you’ve lived in the past) in order to figure out what state divisions you need to search. Scour each of these states with all of the name variations you’ve come up with using the links below.
If you find you have unclaimed property, simply follow the steps in order to claim it. In most cases, you will simply be directed to print out a form, fill it out and mail it to the unclaimed property division. However, some states do allow you to make electronic claims.
Finally, if you find unclaimed property in your name, please tell us about it. We’re trying to get the word out and we need your help. Thousands of people who could use the money have no idea that these unclaimed funds exist. Please send your testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it would be great if you could share us on Facebook, Google+, Twitter or whatever social platforms you use. Sharing your unexpected claim could end up changing the lives of others.
If there is anything we can do to help you search unclaimed property divisions, please feel free to contact us here.
Thank you and we wish you luck in your search!
I have unclaimed money and I just wanted to collect thank you.
Want to fin out my money
unclaimed property for Neil W Mohler
i looking for what i owed.especially property.because now.ihave no shelter to stay.please help me.
I am checking to see if I have any unclaimed money
I have unclaimed money from the motor industry I want to collect please.
Looking for unclaimed money
Looking for any unclaimed money
how do i get a database of list of unclaimed owners. i also need the rules for finders. thank you
Does it have to be claimed under ur name only? What if the only bloodline left is U, can it be claimed by U? What if u weren’t informed of ur ancestors deceased or have paperwork like their birth certificate and non blood relatives took that money from U? Pls email me Thanks for ur help!
I have money somewhere
I am looking for unclaimed money from Stvincent’s Hospital and also for other unclaimed tax dollars.